Those interested in starting a nonprofit organization can receive assistance with formation of the nonprofit, including counseling on whether to start a nonprofit and alternative options; types of nonprofits; appropriate tax-exempt status classification; incorporation and bylaws; assistance with first board meeting; and other governance matters.
Services available for existing nonprofit corporations:
- Assistance with Massachusetts charity registration
- Tax-exempt status application (IRS Form 1023 for 501(c)(3) charities or 1024 for other 501(c) entities)
- Application to IRS for reinstatement following automatic revocation
- Counseling on nonprofit governance issues, fundraising, etc.
- Assistance with other legal matters, such as contracts, leases, etc.
To apply for services, complete our Application for Services.
We do not provide legal services to individuals.